Email money transfers
If your store is in Canada, then you can let your customers pay with an email money transfer instead of with a credit card. Canadian customers can use an email money transfer service like Interac to securely pay for their order.
At checkout, you give the customer your email address and a secret question and answer that they use as a password for the money transfer. When your customer makes the email money transfer, they need to enter the secret question and answer. Then, you enter the secret answer when you accept the money transfer.
The customer goes to their online banking account and sends you the email money transfer. Then, you get an email with instructions on how to transfer the money to your account. After you accept the transfer, you can mark the order as paid in the Shopify admin.
On this page
Set up email money transfers
- From your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Payments.
- Under Manual payment methods, select Create custom payment method from the Manual payment methods drop-down menu.
- In Custom payment method name, enter a name for the payment method.
- In Additional details, enter any information that you want shown next to this method at checkout. For example, the email address that you want the customer to send the money to and the secret question and answer that you want them to use.
- In Payment instructions, enter the instructions that you want the customer to see on the order confirmation page. Include the email address that you want the customer to send the money to and the secret question and answer that you want them to use.
- Click Activate.
When your customers are checking out on your store, they see the name of your payment method and the instructions to complete the email money transfer.